Wednesday, August 22, 2007

More shopping and a work commute trip

This is yet another post playing catch up with the time line, so bear with me as I continue reminiscing...

With a decent ride under our knicks, It's time to get some lights on our bikes so we can start to commute. With a really hard week including 2 all night working sessions, I am pretty stuffed and I don't get a chance to buy lights till Saturday when I decide to ride to work to do a few things.

18-08-07 Ride 3 - To work and back
Dist 6.50km
Trip Time 00:26:47
Av Speed 14.70kph
Max Speed 39.70kph

This is the first ride to work but I have already ridden down Brunswick St many times so none of this is new. On the way I stop at BSC to buy lights for both our bikes and also a tool bag to carry tube, tools, etc on Polka Dot Lisa's bike (I'm already carrying the lock).

In BSC I choose a Cateye lights set that includes a TL-LD600 5 LED rear light and a HL-EL220 5 LED front light, as well as a Top Peak Aero Wedge Pack DX bag and I get a really good deal (saved $55!). BSC have been really good to me with every purchase and I have saved quite a bit there. One thing that seemed odd tho was when the guy (who I have seen several times) asked how my bike was going, he asked if the "wheels were still straight". Now, maybe I'm being paranoid but was that an inference that because of my weight I would bend and buckle wheels easily? Hmmm.. I dunno- it just seemed like a strange comment to make.

After work I head back home and I realise that I forgot to get some decent alloy water bottle cages (black). I stop in at BSC again but they are all out of black ones. They have some nice looking black carbon fiber cages but $80 to save a very grammes? Sheesh... I'll wait for stock to come in I think.

I decide to head home via Queens Parade to see if Melbourne Bicycle Center have any black cages (I'm impatient) but they are closed so I head on home.

The last climb up High Street from the creek crossing is a bit of a killer to me. I get home but I'm out of breath and sweating (but I sweat easily so there is no surprise in that).

Tomorrow (Sunday)- we go for a decent ride again.

Share/Bookmark

No comments: